Benefits Of Kiwi: Kiwis are small fruits that pack a lot of flavor and plenty of health benefits. Their green flesh is sweet and tangy. It’s also full of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate, and potassium. They also have a lot of antioxidants and are a good source of fiber. Their small black seeds are edible, as is the fuzzy brown peel, though many prefer to peel the kiwi before eating it. Thanks to different growing locations, kiwis can be in season year-round.
They’re grown in California from November to May, and in New Zealand from June to October. Kiwi can also be found in supplement form there are some benefits of kiwi
1. treat asthma: It’s thought that the high amount of vitamin C and antioxidants that kiwis contain can actually help treat people with asthma
2. Aids digestion: Kiwis have plenty of fiber, which is already good for digestion. They also contain a proteolytic enzyme called actinidin that can help break down protein. One study recently found a trusted Source that kiwi extract containing actinidin greatly enhanced the digestion of most proteins.
3. Reduces blood clotting: kiwis can actually reduce blood clotting. A study from the University of Oslo found that eating two to three kiwis a day significantly lowered the risk of blood clotting. They were also found to reduce the amount of fat in the blood
4. Potential risks: In rare cases, kiwis could slow blood clotting, increasing bleeding. This could increase the severity of bleeding disorders. If you have a bleeding disorder or are about to have surgery, avoid eating kiwis.
5. Healthful skin: studies found that taking oral collagen supplements may help boost skin elasticity and hydration and reduce wrinkles. Taking supplements is not the same as consuming vitamin C in kiwis, but eating the fruit may still help keep the skin healthy.