Here we talk about skin types, how do you identify and what is your skin type. Many people might use products that are not suitable for their skin and say that it doesn’t work. Each and every skin is different and it needs its own way of pampering and produces to keep it healthy.
How to check your skin type?
We have to check our skin under a normal climate, not very hot, not very cold. After a good night’s sleep, you wake up in the morning wash your face normally as you always do. After two hours, take up the tissue and dab it on your face.
If the paper comes out with oily blotches all over, you have an Oily Skin:
- Tends to be shiny all over due to excess oil production.
- Is prone to more acne, blackheads and whiteheads.
- Can feel sticky or greasy if not managed well.
If the oil blotches out only in the T-Zone that is your forehead, nose, and your chin, you have a Combination Skin:
- Oiliness is concentrated in the T-zone and chin area.
- Cheek and other areas can remain dry.
- May need a mix of products for appropriate skincare.
If the tissue paper comes out to be totally dry, you have Dry Skin:
- Less moisture in the skin.
- Can lead to flaking or dullness.
- Skin is less elastic and tends to develop wrinkles.
But if you pass the tissue and have no oil, you are one of the lucky ones, you have Normal skin.
Sensitive skin is one that reacts to normal ingredients to which other skins do not react.
- Skin is prone to react to ingredients and other stimuli.
- Can develop redness, tingling or stinging.
- Requires only specially formulated products.
Stay tuned for a series of blogs where we tell you the perfect skincare routine for each of the above-mentioned skin types.