Multani mitti, meaning ‘mud from Multan’, is additionally popular as soil. full of minerals, soil primarily contains varying composition of hydrous aluminum silicates or clay minerals. Common components found in soil are montmorillonite, kaolinite, and attapulgite, including small amounts of other minerals like calcite, dolomite, and quartz. In some places, soil refers to calcium bentonite, altered volcanic ash which is usually composed of montmorillonite.
The name ‘fuller’s earth’ is referred to clay with the power to decolorise oil or other liquids without chemical treatment. Historically, the name is originated from the word ‘fullers’ or textile workers. Fullers used clay material for cleaning or ‘fulling’ wool by kneading it with water into woolen fibers to soak up lanolin, oils, and other impurities as a part of the material finishing process.
As soil may be a good absorbent, this compound sees a spread of uses today in filters, decontamination, treatment for poisoning, litter boxes, and as a cleaning agent. While talking about cosmetology or dermatology fuller’s earth is effective as a cleanser, removing oil, dirt, and impurities from the skin and also helping treat acne and other skin problems.
Here’s how Multani mitti can do wonder for your skin
- – Multani mitti cleanses and purifies skin by coitus interruptus oil, dirt, and impurities.
- – This clay not only controls oil but also regularises boring benefits all skin types.
- – The oil extracting property of fuller’s earth or Multani mitti makes it more effective against acne and helps speed up the healing process.
- – Used as a scrub, Multani mitti can slough away dead skin cells and take away blackheads and whiteheads, giving skin a natural and healthy glow.
- – Boosts circulation and improves skin health and tone.
- – This compound acts as a light cleanser, cleaning the scalp without disturbing the natural oils.
- – Multani Mitti can treat dandruff and scalps preventing from hair loss.
- – Multani Mitti is great for conditioning hair and repairing hair damage.
- – Multani mitti can deodorise scalp and hair.