Mushrooms are fleshy, edible fungi which are low in calorie and also are a good source of Vitamin B. Mushrooms are meaty in flavour and are a good source of vitamin D. Here we have discussed much more benefits and nutritional values of mushrooms. Give a read below to know more.
Nutritional Values of mushrooms
- Mushrooms do not contain cholesterol or fat but fibers and enzymes present in them help in lowering the cholesterol level.
2. Since, mushrooms are high in protein it helps in maintaining cholesterol levels and so protects against cardiovascular diseases like stroke and heart attack.
3. Mushrooms are believed to be good for diabetic patients as they have no fat, no cholesterol, and a very low level of carbohydrates.
4. Compounds present in mushrooms are responsible for the proper functioning of the liver and pancreas.
5. As the mushroom contains polysaccharides they are helpful in preventing breast and prostate cancer.
6. They are also a good source of iron and are suggested good for anemia patients.
7. Since they are a good source of Vitamin C and D they are also good for bone health and good metabolism.