Do you love to eat buns with hot tea or coffee or a burger? So, how about making a healthier version of buns with oats instead of all-purpose flour. If you are in the mood to try your hands on a healthy recipe, we have brought something very healthy for you. Here we have shared the easy to bake recipe if oats buns.
Here’s how you can make oats bun
All you need:
60 gm – Whole oats 60 gms
425 gms – Milk (room temperature)
500 gms – Whole wheat flour
4 gms – Instant dry yeast
40 gms – Honey
25 gms – Sunflower oil
12 gms – Salt
57 gms – Sunflower seeds (Lightly roasted)
10 gms – Sesame seeds (for topping)
¼ cup – Egg wash or milk wash
* Take a bowl and soak the oats in the milk.
*Now mix the flour and yeast in another bowl.
* Now add honey, oil & salt to oats-milk mixture and mix well.
* Then add flour and yeast mixture to it and knead well to form a soft dough.
* Add some sunflower seeds or sesame seeds in it.
*Now, cover the dough with the muslin cloth for about an hour.
* After one hour, cut it into pieces and shape them into rounds to make a bun.
*Cover the buns for about 40-50 minutes.
*Later, apply the egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds to it.
*In a preheated oven at 210 degrees, place a baking pan underneath with some water to give some steam.
*Now place the baking pan with the buns in an oven for about 15 minutes, till it gets middle rack and balls have turned golden-brown.