Spicy Aloo Sandwich is an easy yet extremely flavorful dish that can be served either as breakfast or as an evening snack. This Indian-inspired Aloo masala sandwich with a lovely touch of cheese is surely going to blow your mind. Best served with some fried and ketchup by the side.
To Make Spicy Aloo Masala
Oil- 1 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
Onion – 2 Nos Chopped
A Piece Of Ginger Chopped
Green Chilli – 3 Nos Chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Chilli Powder – 2 Tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp
Salt – 1 Tsp
Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 Tsp
Boiled Potato – 5 Nos
Cooked Peas – 1/2 Cup
Chopped Coriander Leaves
Juice Of 1 Lemon
To Make Spicy Aloo Sandwich
Mint Coriander Chutney
PROCEDURE: For the Aloo Masala
1. Add oil to a pan and roast cumin seeds in it.
2. To this, add onion, ginger, green chilies and saute until the onions turn transparent.
3. Now add turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, salt, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder, and mix everything.
4. Saute this mixture for 1 minute and then add boiled, peeled, and roughly cut potatoes.
5. Mix everything once and then mash the potatoes roughly.
6. To the mashed mixture, add cooked green peas, coriander leaves, and lemon juice.
7. Give it all a quick mix. Turn off the stove and cool the mixture completely.
8. Aloo masala is ready. Keep it aside.
PROCEDURE: For Spicy Aloo Sandwich
1. Take 2 slices of sandwich bread and on one side of one bread slice, spread some mint coriander chutney and tomato ketchup onto the other slice.
2. On the slice with mint chutney, place a cheese slice.
3. Over it, place the aloo masala and gently spread it all across the bread slice.
4. Now, generously grate some cheese on top of aloo masala and close it with the other bread slice which has tomato ketchup on the inner side.
5. Gently press the sandwich to secure it.
6. Spread some butter on a sandwich grill and place the prepared sandwich on it.
7. Smear some butter on the topmost layer of bread and flip it to the bottom to make sure the bread is toasted evenly on both sides.
8. Keep the flame on medium and grill the sandwich on both sides.
9. That’s it. Spicy Aloo Sandwich is ready to be served.
10. Cut it diagonally or half and serve hot with some fries by the side.