As you know there are a few simple remedies that you ought to do every morning to take care of your skin. One of them, and the first thing in fact, is washing your face with cold water. Why is this important? Washing your face removes the excess oil that builds on the skin overnight. This, in turn, makes you feel fresh, and even if you are not supposed to leave the house and go anywhere, it feels good anyway.
But if you are wondering exactly how washing the face with cold water can benefit the skin, and it is a habit you need to get yourself into on a regular basis, here is something you need to know.
Benefits of washing face with cold water
* Besides taking care of the night-time oil that gets accumulated on the skin, cold water can reduce the morning-time puffiness as well. Puffiness tends to happen when the skin cells regenerate at night and the pores get expand ed.
* Washing the face with cold water makes you look younger. The same results can be obtained when you rub an ice cube on your face, which is also considered to be a skincare hit. Just splashing your face with cold water can reduce the fine lines and wrinkles on your face that you can’t deny noticing the change.
* It also helps with refreshing the skin and takes care of dullness. Coldwater gives the face a new lease of life, for sure. You must have heard people say that when you feel sleepy early in the morning, a little splash of cold water can help you out. It will make you feel more energized in no time. Your skin increases blood circulation and appears to be more lively.
* Cold water can also be used as a natural toner, just like rose water. So, in case you do not have toner at home, you can always opt for a natural home remedy of washing your face, instead. In fact, it is believed to be one of the best ways of toning the skin.
* Also, if you are looking for a replacement of sunscreen, and want a sure-shot way to protect your skin from the harmful sun rays you should wash it with cold water. It acts as a shield and works very well with a sun protection lotion.